Hi Everyone,

I have used pg_dumpall on a database that was created with LATIN1
encoding and has a whole bunch of messy latin1 data in it.

I want to restore this data to a new db with UTF-8 encoding, with the
data converted so the 8859-1 characters display properly.

How should I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Joseph

Search Discussions

  • CoL at Feb 27, 2004 at 10:49 am
    hi,

    Joseph wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

    I have used pg_dumpall on a database that was created with LATIN1
    encoding and has a whole bunch of messy latin1 data in it.

    I want to restore this data to a new db with UTF-8 encoding, with the
    data converted so the 8859-1 characters display properly.

    How should I go about doing this?
    try function convert (and check CREATE CONVERSION)

    c.
  • Markus Bertheau at Feb 29, 2004 at 9:51 am

    I have used pg_dumpall on a database that was created with LATIN1
    encoding and has a whole bunch of messy latin1 data in it.

    I want to restore this data to a new db with UTF-8 encoding, with the
    data converted so the 8859-1 characters display properly.

    How should I go about doing this?
    Pipe the dump through iconv.

    --
    Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de>

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedFeb 25, '04 at 2:49p
activeFeb 29, '04 at 9:51a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

3 users in discussion

CoL: 1 post Markus Bertheau: 1 post Joseph: 1 post