I am interested in having a PostgreSQL query run and some email
sent on an automatic basis. Doesnt seem like trigger does this
sort of thing and I didnt see any reference to sending email
in a couple PostgreSQL books.

My host system is Redhad 8, Apache, Postfix, PHP and Perl.
I could add another scripting language if needed. Shell
is bash.

A web search turned up a couple references from 2000 and
2001 like pqmail. Is there any thing more recent that is adpated
to current versions of php and PostgreSQL?

Thanks,
Tom

Search Discussions

  • Daniel Staal at Nov 16, 2003 at 11:51 pm
    --As off Sunday, November 16, 2003 11:25 AM -0800, hodges@xprt.net is
    I am interested in having a PostgreSQL query run and some email
    sent on an automatic basis. Doesnt seem like trigger does this
    sort of thing and I didnt see any reference to sending email
    in a couple PostgreSQL books.

    My host system is Redhad 8, Apache, Postfix, PHP and Perl.
    I could add another scripting language if needed. Shell
    is bash.
    --As for the rest, it is mine.

    I'd write a Perl script that runs the query and sends the email, then
    set a cron job to run the script. Should be fairly simple, look at
    CPAN for MAIL:: modules that you can use to help with sending the
    email.

    Daniel T. Staal

    This email copyright the author. Unless otherwise noted, you
    the contents for non-commercial purposes. This copyright will
    local copyright law.

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 16, '03 at 7:24p