Hi all,
I’m using the JDBC LargeObject api to do CRUD operations with blobs
stored in pg_largeobject. I am hoping someone could clarify whether
calling lobj.delete(myoid) performs a physical or just a logical delete.
If I want to completely delete the blob data from the DB (physical
delete), can I just use lobj.delete, or do I have to write a
function/trigger to call lo_unlink? If I DO have to call lo_unlink,
does anyone know where I could find example code (since I assume this is
a common issue)?

Thanks,
David Benoff

---

  • Bob Jarman at Oct 13, 2003 at 11:46 pm
    Has the PostgreSQL.org website been taken down - I get an Apache "Successful Installation" page...

    Bob Jarman
  • Bryan Irvine at Oct 14, 2003 at 4:49 pm
    seems to work now.

    --Bryan
    Has the PostgreSQL.org website been taken down - I get an Apache
    "Successful Installation" page...

    Bob Jarman

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql