HI,

I would like to know if you can help me out with the following query: -

I have created a trigger "comm_det_lob_quote_copy" on the table "commercial_details" for the column "lob_quote_copy" which has Integer datatype.

There is also a column in the same table by the name commercial_details_id which is the primary key and of Integer type with no trigger being created on it....

So when I wish to create a binary file using the Update command its obvious that the column "commercial_details_id" must have values in it...

.So i tried Inserting a value into this column....However it gave me the error: "record new has no field lob" ...Is it because I have created a trigger on this table??

But will a trigger affect the whole table or just that particular column on which I have created the trigger for?? I'm a lil' confused and unable to find much thru' Google too....

and thanks in advance...

Regards,

Divya

  • A.Bhuvaneswaran at May 5, 2003 at 11:26 am

    .So i tried Inserting a value into this column....However it gave me the
    error: "record new has no field lob" ...Is it because I have created a
    trigger on this table?? Yes.
    But will a trigger affect the whole table or just that particular column
    on which I have created the trigger for?? I'm a lil' confused and unable
    to find much thru' Google too....
    Follow the below link to learn about triggered procedures:

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=plpgsql-trigger.html

    Still if you face problems, forward your table design and function code.

    regards,
    bhuvaneswaran

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedMay 5, '03 at 10:54a
activeMay 5, '03 at 11:26a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Divya Ramgopal: 1 post A.Bhuvaneswaran: 1 post