I'm trying to use Access as a front end for Postgres. This is
mainly for data-entry and manual updates.

I was able to establish an ODBC connection to the server
without any problems. I was also able to link the tables that
I need. I linked 8 tables total.

7 of them work just fine and I can see all the data in them.
The last one though, only displays '#DELETED' for each column
of each row. I checked the permissions on all the tables and
they're the same -- I have read access (all I need for now, right?)

Any idea what's going on? This is PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on FreeBSD with the PostgreSQL ODBC driver version 7.02.00.05 on Win XP.

--------------------------
David Olbersen

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Eckermann at Apr 24, 2003 at 7:08 pm

    --- David Olbersen wrote:
    I'm trying to use Access as a front end for
    Postgres. This is
    mainly for data-entry and manual updates.

    I was able to establish an ODBC connection to the
    server
    without any problems. I was also able to link the
    tables that
    I need. I linked 8 tables total.

    7 of them work just fine and I can see all the data
    in them.
    The last one though, only displays '#DELETED' for
    each column
    of each row. I checked the permissions on all the
    tables and
    they're the same -- I have read access (all I need
    for now, right?)

    Any idea what's going on? This is PostgreSQL 7.3.2
    on FreeBSD with the PostgreSQL ODBC driver version
    7.02.00.05 on Win XP.
    <guess>
    Make sure driver option "row versioning" is checked.
    Also, make sure that the offending table has a primary
    key that Access is recognizing as such.
    </guess>
    If both of those conditions are met, and you still
    have a problem, please post your driver settings.

    http://search.yahoo.com
  • Josh Berkus at Apr 24, 2003 at 11:29 pm
    David,
    7 of them work just fine and I can see all the data in them.
    The last one though, only displays '#DELETED' for each column
    of each row. I checked the permissions on all the tables and
    they're the same -- I have read access (all I need for now, right?)

    Any idea what's going on? This is PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on FreeBSD with the
    PostgreSQL ODBC driver version 7.02.00.05 on Win XP.

    My guess is that the table definition has changed since you attached it from
    access. I'd suggest dropping the linked table and re-linking it.

    For further help, I suggest joining the pgsql-odbc mailing list and/or the
    pgodbc project's mailing list.

    --
    -Josh Berkus
    Aglio Database Solutions
    My guess is that the table definition has changed since you
    attached it from access. I'd suggest dropping the linked table
    and re-linking it.
    I assure you that isn't the case for two reasons:
    1) I'd be the one changing the table definition, and I haven't been
    2) I've been linking & unlinking so much it's HIGHLY unlikely.
    For further help, I suggest joining the pgsql-odbc mailing
    list and/or the pgodbc project's mailing list.
    Good suggestion, thanks!

    --------------------------
    David Olbersen
    iGuard Engineer
    11415 West Bernardo Court
    San Diego, CA 92127
    1-858-676-2277 x2152

    7 of them work just fine and I can see all the data in them.
    The last one though, only displays '#DELETED' for each column
    of each row. I checked the permissions on all the tables and
    they're the same -- I have read access (all I need for now, right?)

    Any idea what's going on? This is PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on
    FreeBSD with the
    PostgreSQL ODBC driver version 7.02.00.05 on Win XP.

    My guess is that the table definition has changed since you
    attached it from
    access. I'd suggest dropping the linked table and re-linking it.

    For further help, I suggest joining the pgsql-odbc mailing
    list and/or the
    pgodbc project's mailing list.

    --
    -Josh Berkus