Hello,

I'm just learning Postgresql and I have a question about large objects.

How do I backup the large objects? When I pg_dumpall I don't get any of
the large objects. Do you have to write your own backup script to get them
out?
I'm not really sure what to do. Any help would be great.

Robert

Search Discussions

  • Warwick Hunter at Jan 22, 2003 at 3:24 am
    Robert,

    pg_dumpall doesn't seem to support large objects.
    pg_dump will include the large objects in your backup
    if you use the --blobs command line option.

    Warwick
    --
    Warwick Hunter Agile TV Corporation
    Voice: +61 7 5584 5912 Fax: +61 7 5575 9550

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedJan 22, '03 at 3:11a
activeJan 22, '03 at 3:24a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Robert Boone: 1 post Warwick Hunter: 1 post