Somehow one of my tables lost the sequence that was auto-incrementing the job_id
field

Can someone tell me how to recreate it, relink it (if necessary), and reset it's
number to one more than the highest number in that field?

Search Discussions

  • Brian Johnson at Jan 8, 2003 at 4:52 am
    This worked:

    CREATE SEQUENCE phpgw_ttrack_job__job_id_seq START 245;

    ALTER TABLE phpgw_ttrack_jobs
    ALTER job_id SET DEFAULT nextval('phpgw_ttrack_job__job_id_seq');

    Brian Johnson (bjohnson@jecinc.on.ca) wrote*:
    Somehow one of my tables lost the sequence that was auto-incrementing the job_id
    field

    Can someone tell me how to recreate it, relink it (if necessary), and reset it's
    number to one more than the highest number in that field?

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedJan 8, '03 at 4:22a
activeJan 8, '03 at 4:52a