Could someone give me some advice or point me to an article that would help
manage views? I have a view that I use in conjunction with other views,
and since I have to drop the view and then recreate it, I'm force to drop
and recreate all other views that the original view was used in.
TIA

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com

Search Discussions

  • Josh Berkus at Jun 11, 2002 at 8:34 pm
    Patrick,
    Could someone give me some advice or point me to an article that would help
    manage views? I have a view that I use in conjunction with other views,
    and since I have to drop the view and then recreate it, I'm force to drop
    and recreate all other views that the original view was used in.
    TIA
    As I recall, the IT staff at Action Target, Inc. two years ago developed a
    non-free tool for this purpose. They were planning to start a spin-off
    company to market PostgreSQL admin tools, but I don't know how far they got
    with the idea.

    Try contacting Action Target's webmaster to see if you can find anything out:
    webmaster@actiontarget.com

    --
    -Josh Berkus

    Josh Berkus
    Complete information technology josh@agliodbs.com
    and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
    for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 11, '02 at 6:48p
activeJun 11, '02 at 8:34p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Josh Berkus: 1 post Patrick Hatcher: 1 post