When I wrote a servlet for TC3.2.3, before Connection conn=bla..., I had
Class.forName("org.postgresql.driver");
As far as the location of postgresql.jar, I had it in JDK_HOME/lib and in
TOMCAT_HOME/lib at least (maybe in WEB-INF/lib as well - I can't remember)
Thanks. I have postgresql.jar in a proper location, it seams. Looks like it is either not getting loaded or not registered as a JDBC driver.

QUESTION 1: How can I check if a particular jar/class has been accepted by the classloader?
QUESTION 2: Again, what is the proper way of specifying a "system-wide" JDBC driver in Tomcat 4.0?

Nix.

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedOct 23, '01 at 6:48a