We have the following problem on executing trigger: ERROR: plpgsql: cache
lookup from pg_proc failed.
We did 'createlang plpgsql' to our database, and then created function and
trigger.
The creations of function and respective trigger were successfully be done.
On executing query that run the trigger with its function, the above error
is appeared.
What to do? Why we got this error?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Zivit Botushansky

Congruency Ltd.
3 Magshimim St., Kiriat Matalon, POB. 7813
Petah-Tikva 49170, Israel
Email: zivit@congruency.com
Phone: +972-3-9240204 (ext:229)
Fax : +972-3-9210757
web : www.congruency.com

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Jan 18, 2001 at 9:15 pm

    "zivit" <zivit@congruency.co.il> writes:
    We have the following problem on executing trigger: ERROR: plpgsql: cache
    lookup from pg_proc failed.
    Did you perhaps drop and recreate the function after creating the
    trigger? If so, you have to drop and recreate the trigger as well.
    This is annoying, but no one's gotten around to fixing it yet ...

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedJan 18, '01 at 8:00p