How should one go about backing up large objects from a DB as pg_dump only handles the internal data and structures?

Do I just copy the files? If the worst does happen, I can restore from the pg_dump file and copy all the xinv and invx files back?

Paul

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Aug 20, 2000 at 5:41 pm

    "Paul Skinner" <skin@skin.dhs.org> writes:
    How should one go about backing up large objects from a DB as pg_dump only
    handles the internal data and structures?
    There is a pg_dumplo utility in contrib/ in current sources. I don't
    think it existed in 7.0.*, but you could probably grab the current
    snapshot and compile up pg_dumplo against your 7.0.* installation.
    (Disclaimer: I haven't tried it personally, don't know if it works.)
    Do I just copy the files? If the worst does happen, I can restore from the
    pg_dump file and copy all the xinv and invx files back?
    That will not work...

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql