I need set lock table privilage for user, but now I must grant upload
priv. for it. But I needn't upload priv. for user. Upload is possible
via RULEs without GRANTed (upload) privilage for user.

My suggestion is add to GRANT command LOCK privilage.

privilege is {ALL | SELECT | INSERT | UPDATE | DELETE | RULE | LOCK
.... ^^^^

Zakkr

Search Discussions

  • Vadim Mikheev at Jul 22, 1999 at 12:17 pm

    Zakkr wrote:

    Hi,

    I need set lock table privilage for user, but now I must grant upload
    priv. for it. But I needn't upload priv. for user. Upload is possible
    via RULEs without GRANTed (upload) privilage for user.

    My suggestion is add to GRANT command LOCK privilage.

    privilege is {ALL | SELECT | INSERT | UPDATE | DELETE | RULE | LOCK
    Oracle:

    The table or view must be in your own schema or you must have
    LOCK ANY TABLE system privilege or
    you must have any object privilege on the table or view.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    So, I agreed with new LOCK privilege with addition above.

    Vadim

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedJul 22, '99 at 11:32a