"Victoria W." <wicki@terror.de> writes:
CREATE FUNCTION add_rechnr(int4) RETURNS int4
AS '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/modules/funcs.so' LANGUAGE 'c';
I don't think there is an "unload shared library" function in Postgres
(it'd be hard or impossible to implement on some Unixes, anyway). So
the only way to stop referencing a shared library once it's been opened
is to terminate the backend process.
In my experience you can do the psql command:

load '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/modules/funcs.so';

after you changed the lib to load the new library into the backend.
Unfortunately I think you will lose the last value in "rechnr".

Andreas

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 7, '99 at 9:18a