I'm currently trying to get ecpg more in line with the backends parser.
Doing so I found ecpg accepts a syntax the backend doesn't. It's 'commit
work release' which is accepted for compatibility with Oracle. How about
allowing this in the backend, too?

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20

Search Discussions

  • Thomas G. Lockhart at Mar 13, 1998 at 3:03 pm

    I'm currently trying to get ecpg more in line with the backends
    parser. Doing so I found ecpg accepts a syntax the backend doesn't.
    It's 'commit work release' which is accepted for compatibility with
    Oracle. How about allowing this in the backend, too?
    I don't want to sound too fussy here, but does this statement provide
    any functionality missing from the SQL92 syntax 'commit [work]'? If not,
    then perhaps Oracle users could start writing portable code if they
    cared to?

    - Tom
  • Meskes, Michael at Mar 14, 1998 at 6:26 pm
    I wholeheartly agree. AFAIK it does nothing else, but ORACLE likes it.
    And most users have experience in ORACLE.

    Michael
    --
    Dr. Michael Meskes, Projekt-Manager | topystem Systemhaus GmbH
    meskes@topsystem.de | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20
    meskes@debian.org | 52146 Wuerselen
    Go SF49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! | Tel: (+49) 2405/4670-44
    ----------
    I'm currently trying to get ecpg more in line with the backends
    parser. Doing so I found ecpg accepts a syntax the backend doesn't.
    It's 'commit work release' which is accepted for compatibility with
    Oracle. How about allowing this in the backend, too?
    I don't want to sound too fussy here, but does this statement provide
    any functionality missing from the SQL92 syntax 'commit [work]'? If
    not,
    then perhaps Oracle users could start writing portable code if they
    cared to?

    - Tom

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql