Here is what I have. Does anyone have changes/additions? Vadim, I am a
little confused about what will be in 6.2. Triggers, contraints, etc.

Bug Fixes
- ---------
Fix problems with pg_dump for iheritance, sequences, archive tables(Bruce)
Fix compile errors on overflow due to shifts, unsigned, and bad prototypes
from Solaris, (Diab Jerius)
Fix bugs in line arithmetic which resulted in bad intersection
calculations(Thomas)
Check explicitly for intersections at endpoints to avoid rounding
ugliness(Thomas)
Catch non-functional delete attempts(Vadim)
Change time function names to be more consistent(Michael Reifenberg)
Check for zero divides(Michael Reifenberg)
Fix very old bug which made tuples changed/inserted by a commnd
visible to command itself (so we had multiple update of
updated tuples, etc).(Vadim)
Fix return value data type declarations for box_circle() and
poly_circle()(Thomas)

Enhancemnts
- -----------
psql: Add PAGER for \h and \?,\C fix
Allow hh:mm:ss time entry for timespan/reltime types(Thomas)
Add center() routines for lseg, path, polygon(Thomas)
Add distance() routines for circle-polygon, polygon-polygon(Thomas)
Check explicitly for points and polygons contained within polygons
using an axis-crossing algorithm. (Thomas)
Add routine to convert circle-box(Thomas)
Add routines for text trimming on both ends, substring, and string position(Thomas)
Add new operators and functions for geometric types(Thomas)
Add text concatenation operator and function(Thomas)
Add text trim function for SQL92 support(Thomas)
Use better routines from geometry library(Thomas)
Allow use parameters in target list having aggregates in functions(Vadim)
Allow internal sorts to be stored in memory rather than in files(Bruce)
Added JDBC driver as an interface(Adrian)
Reduce open() calls(Bruce)
NOT NULL implementation (Robson Paniago de Miranda).
CHECK/DEFAULT syntax(Vadim)
Syntax for [CONSTRAINT name] CHECK ...(Vadim)
Allow functions and operators on internally-identical types to succeed(Bruce)
Speed up backend startup after profiling analysis(Bruce)
pg_password utility
Number of tuples inserted/affected by INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE...(Vadim)
SPI manager(Vadim)
Triggers (Vadim)
Add detection and warnings for UNION and HAVING clauses(Thomas)
Add more reserved words, mostly for SQL92 compliance(Thomas)
Include reserved words for string handling, outer joins, and unions(Thomas)
Implement extended comments ("/* ... */") using exclusive states(Thomas)
Modify definitions of operators to remove some restrictions on characters
and character order(Thomas)
Fix for psql pager when no tty(Bruce)
Add // comments(Bruce)
New entab utility(Bruce)
New system relations to store DEFAULT/CHECK expressions(Vadim)
Store CHECK infos on CREATE TABLE(Vadim)

Source Tree Changes
- -------------------
HPUX 10 patches (Vladimir Turin)
Added SCO support, (Daniel Harris)
mkLinux patches (Tatsuo Ishii)
Change box terminology from "length" to "width"(Thomas)
Deprecate temporary unstored slope fields(Thomas)
Remove restart instructions from INSTALL(Bruce)
Look in /usr/ucb first for install(Bruce)
Fix c++ copy example code(Thomas)
Add -o to psql manual page(Bruce)
Prevent relname unallocated string length from being copied into database(Bruce)
Cleanup for NAMEDATALEN use(Bruce)
Fix pgproc names over 15 chars in output(Bruce)
Add strNcpy() function(Bruce)
remove some (void) casts that are unnecessary(Bruce)
new interfaces directory(Marc)
Replace fopen() calls with calls to fd.c functions(Bruce)
Make functions static where possible(Bruce)
enclose unused functions in #ifdef NOT_USED(Bruce)
Fix for sunos4 difftime() call(Bruce)
Changes for Digital Unix
Portability fix for pg_dumpall(Bruce)
Rename pg_attribute.attnvals to attdisbursion(Bruce)
intro/unix manual page now pgintro(Bruce)
built-in manual page now pgbuiltin(Bruce)
Add PGINDENT and support program(Bruce)
Massive commit to run PGINDENT on all *.c and *.h files(Bruce)
Files moves to /src/tools directory(Bruce)

- --
Bruce Momjian
maillist@candle.pha.pa.us

------------------------------

Search Discussions

  • Thomas G. Lockhart at Sep 13, 1997 at 2:33 am

    Bug Fixes
    --------- ...
    Fix return value data type declarations for box_circle() and
    poly_circle()(Thomas)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This last one was not a problem with v6.1.1; these are new functions
    which were mis-declared when introduced in v6.2alpha. This should be
    moved to new features as:

    Added conversion routines circle(box) and poly(circle).
    Enhancemnts
    ^(spelling - missing "e")
    -----------

    I've changed some of the geometric operators to make them match up
    between the different types. This can probably be summarized fairly
    simply:

    Merge conflicting operators for different geometric data types
    (the point type especially had operators which were
    weirdly dissimilar from the other types).

    Replace distance operator "<===>" with "<->"

    Replace "above" operator "!^" with ">^"
    and "below" operator "!|" with "<^"

    Other new features I'm committing tonight:

    Define DOUBLE PRECISION, INTERVAL, CHARACTER,
    and CHARACTER VARYING (SQL-92).
    Define EXTRACT(), POSITION(), SUBSTRING(), and TRIM() (SQL-92).

    Thanks.

    - Tom

    ------------------------------
  • Bruce Momjian at Sep 13, 1997 at 2:49 am
    Done.
    Bug Fixes
    --------- ...
[...]

  • Peter T Mount at Sep 13, 1997 at 8:56 am

    Here is what I have. Does anyone have changes/additions? Vadim, I am a
    little confused about what will be in 6.2. Triggers, contraints, etc.
    Enhancemnts
    -----------
    Added JDBC driver as an interface(Adrian)
    ^^^^^^ Adrian/Peter

    I've added a lot to the driver when we merged ;-)
    --
    Bruce Momjian
    maillist@candle.pha.pa.us

    - --
    Peter T Mount
    email: petermount@earthling.net or pmount@maidast.demon.co.uk
    www: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder
    sms: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder/misc/sms.html

    ------------------------------
  • Bruce Momjian at Sep 13, 1997 at 5:34 pm
    Added.
    Here is what I have. Does anyone have changes/additions? Vadim, I am a
    little confused about what will be in 6.2. Triggers, contraints, etc.
    Enhancemnts
    -----------
    Added JDBC driver as an interface(Adrian)
    ^^^^^^ Adrian/Peter

    I've added a lot to the driver when we merged ;-)
    --
    Bruce Momjian
    maillist@candle.pha.pa.us

    --