Every so often I find myself trying to write

postgres -D ... --ssl

or

postgres -D ... --debug-print-plan

which fails, because you need to write --ssl=on or
--debug-print-plan=true etc.

Have others had the same experience? Would it be worth supporting the
case without value to default to on/true?

Search Discussions

  • Euler Taveira at Apr 4, 2012 at 8:53 pm

    which fails, because you need to write --ssl=on or
    --debug-print-plan=true etc.

    Have others had the same experience? Would it be worth supporting the
    case without value to default to on/true?
    Please, don't do it. You can be fooled when we change a parameter default
    value (specially if you have it in a script that is used in different
    versions) from major versions.

    --
    Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira http://www.timbira.com.br/

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 4, '12 at 8:07p
activeApr 4, '12 at 8:53p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Peter Eisentraut: 1 post Euler Taveira: 1 post