Back in January/February, a patch was committed to avoid using libintl's
version of setlocale:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-01/msg02628.php

The comment says it was about a problem with printf() and friends, so I
wonder, why was that "#undef setlocale" line put inside the larger
"#ifdef USE_REPL_SNPRINTF" block? If I understand the problem correctly,
it has nothing to do with our replacement snprintf() function.

Fortunately, we always use the replacement snprintf() code on Windows,
so there's no user-visible bug here, but if you imagine that we didn't
USE_REPL_SNPRINTF on Windows, we would still want the "#undef setlocale"
to take effect, right? I think that block is misplaced.

--
Heikki Linnakangas

  • Inoue, Hiroshi at Sep 1, 2011 at 12:45 am
    HI all,

    Back in January/February, a patch was committed to avoid using libintl's
    version of setlocale:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-01/msg02628.php

    The comment says it was about a problem with printf() and friends, so I
    wonder, why was that "#undef setlocale" line put inside the larger
    "#ifdef USE_REPL_SNPRINTF" block? If I understand the problem correctly,
    it has nothing to do with our replacement snprintf() function.

    Fortunately, we always use the replacement snprintf() code on Windows,
    so there's no user-visible bug here, but if you imagine that we didn't
    USE_REPL_SNPRINTF on Windows, we would still want the "#undef setlocale"
    to take effect, right? I think that block is misplaced.
    Yes you are right.
    I didn't notice "#ifdef USE_REPL_SNPRINTF" unfortunately.
    The "#undef setlocale" line should be placed outside the "ifdef
    USE_REPL_SNPRINTF" block.

    regards,
    Hiroshi Inoue

grouppgsql-hackers @