On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 05:12:49PM +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
On 17 August 2011 17:02, David Fetter wrote:
On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 04:40:26PM +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
On 17 August 2011 06:13, David Fetter wrote:
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:17:21PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
David Fetter wrote:
Any way to put David Byrne's name in here? He reported the bug and
sent a proposed fix.
Do we report the reporter's name in commit messages? I can do that
if
others are doing it. I don't think I can put it in now.
He didn't just report the bug. He sent patches to fix it, even if you
didn't base yours off his, so here's yours truly agitating to get him
credit :)
Can this now be removed as a beta-blocker?
I'm missing some context. Is there a URL associated with this
blockage?

Sure, it's generally tracked on the wiki:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.1_Open_Items
OK, that's probably moving to "resolved issues."

By the way, the wiki is now tracking bugs. We have a bug tracker, and
it's that. At some point in the very, very near future, we will have
to make some painful decisions about whether we continue with /ad hoc/
bug tracking such as, "It's on the wiki, somewhere, if everybody
remembers to put it there" vs. more formal systems, the details of
which are TBB*.

Cheers,
David.

* To Be Bikeshedded
Skype: davidfetter XMPP: david.fetter@gmail.com

Remember to vote!

  • Alvaro Herrera at Aug 17, 2011 at 5:52 pm

    Excerpts from David Fetter's message of mié ago 17 12:31:14 -0400 2011:

    By the way, the wiki is now tracking bugs. We have a bug tracker, and
    it's that.
    Yeah, but only during each release's last mile. Also consider that
    any bug found to exist on older releases is not normally added to the
    list of blockers.

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 17, '11 at 4:31p
activeAug 17, '11 at 5:52p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

David Fetter: 1 post Alvaro Herrera: 1 post