When we did the migration to git, we decided to leave the old
postgresql git repository around "for a while", for people who had
clones around it. This is the repository that was live updated from
cvs while we were using cvs, and does *not* correspond to the current
git repository when it comes to hashes and other details. It's
available at http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql-old.git;a=summary

I think it's time to drop this repository now. Anybody who had active
clones on it should've moved to the new repository by now, I think.

Comments?

Search Discussions

  • Robert Haas at Jul 6, 2011 at 3:59 pm

    When we did the migration to git, we decided to leave the old
    postgresql git repository around "for a while", for people who had
    clones around it. This is the repository that was live updated from
    cvs while we were using cvs, and does *not* correspond to the current
    git repository when it comes to hashes and other details. It's
    available at http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql-old.git;a=summary

    I think it's time to drop this repository now. Anybody who had active
    clones on it should've moved to the new repository by now, I think.

    Comments?
    OK by me. Thanks for holding off.

    --
    Robert Haas
    The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

    When we did the migration to git, we decided to leave the old
    postgresql git repository around "for a while", for people who had
    clones around it. This is the repository that was live updated from
    cvs while we were using cvs, and does *not* correspond to the current
    git repository when it comes to hashes and other details. It's
    available at http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql-old.git;a=summary

    I think it's time to drop this repository now. Anybody who had active
    clones on it should've moved to the new repository by now, I think.

    Comments?
    OK by me.  Thanks for holding off.
    Dropped, will be gone on the next resync.
  • David Fetter at Jul 6, 2011 at 6:58 pm

    When we did the migration to git, we decided to leave the old
    postgresql git repository around "for a while", for people who had
    clones around it. This is the repository that was live updated from
    cvs while we were using cvs, and does *not* correspond to the current
    git repository when it comes to hashes and other details. It's
    available at http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql-old.git;a=summary

    I think it's time to drop this repository now. Anybody who had active
    clones on it should've moved to the new repository by now, I think.

    Comments?
    "...Linus will know his own" ;)

    Cheers,
    David.
    Skype: davidfetter XMPP: david.fetter@gmail.com

    Remember to vote!
  • Jeff Davis at Jul 6, 2011 at 10:40 pm

    When we did the migration to git, we decided to leave the old
    postgresql git repository around "for a while", for people who had
    clones around it. This is the repository that was live updated from
    cvs while we were using cvs, and does *not* correspond to the current
    git repository when it comes to hashes and other details. It's
    available at http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql-old.git;a=summary

    I think it's time to drop this repository now. Anybody who had active
    clones on it should've moved to the new repository by now, I think.
    That's OK with me.

    Regards,
    Jeff Davis

grouppgsql-hackers @