Hi

I'm getting set up to test your VS 2010 support patches. Sorry it's
taken me so long - work decided to take this opportunity to become ...
rather hectic.

I'd appreciate it if you'd post the config.pl you're building with,
mainly so I can see what libraries and optional features you are or are
not using with your test builds.

Also: Have you been testing both 32-bit and 64-bit builds with VC 2010,
or have you been doing 32-bit builds only? It shouldn't matter, but it's
worth knowing.

If you're testing 64-bit builds, how are you building/obtaining your
dependencies, given that GnuWin32 doesn't carry 64-bit builds?
Rebuilding GnuWin32 packages? Building from sources? I've only just got
a 64-bit Windows dev environment set up so I'm new to building 64-bit
Pg. Any issues you had to resolve to get the x64 libs built?

I have an existing 32-bit Pg build environment on my other machine that
I'l be testing with as well, but I figure I may as well test x64 if I can.

--
Craig Ringer

Search Discussions

  • Brar Piening at Jul 3, 2011 at 7:28 am
    I'd appreciate it if you'd post the config.pl you're building with,
    mainly so I can see what libraries and optional features you are or
    are not using with your test builds.
    I've already posted it here:
    http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4DCDA3CD.4030506@gmx.de

    Also: Have you been testing both 32-bit and 64-bit builds with VC
    2010, or have you been doing 32-bit builds only?
    Both - but 32-bit was tested more extensively due to limited
    availability of 64-bit libraries.

    If you're testing 64-bit builds, how are you building/obtaining your
    dependencies, given that GnuWin32 doesn't carry 64-bit builds?
    Rebuilding GnuWin32 packages? Building from sources? I've only just
    got a 64-bit Windows dev environment set up so I'm new to building
    64-bit Pg. Any issues you had to resolve to get the x64 libs built?
    No Issues im my minimal configuration.

    Perhaps someone who routinely does 64-bit builds could help out with a
    config.pl and some info from where to get the 64-bit libraries to build
    with.

    Thanks for reviewing!

    Regards,

    Brar