I've been tracing the data structure in the query plan process for a
while. But then I found the data structure manipulation is really so
confusing. Could some guy tell me where could I find any guide on how to
figure out the process and data structure usage? Is there any good resource
helping us read the code?
BTW, which email system are you using to send to postgres mailing list?
As you can keep the top-answering and maintain the title of your email with
[hackers] in front, my gmail can not help on that. For this email, I just
add by hand.
Thank you a lot for your help.

--
Best Regards
Huang Qi Victor

Search Discussions

  • Jaime Casanova at Jun 28, 2011 at 4:53 am

    HuangQi writes:

    Hi,
    I've been tracing the data structure in the query plan process for a while. But then I found the data structure manipulation is really so confusing.
    Could some guy tell me where could I find any guide on how to figure out the process and data structure usage? Is there any good resource helping us read
    the code?
    maybe you can read:
    http://www.pgcon.org/2011/schedule/events/350.en.html, it's still a
    mistery for me but this seems more clear than read the code... after
    read this, read the README's in the code... read the code :)

    BTW, which email system are you using to send to postgres mailing list? As you can keep the top-answering and maintain the title of your email with
    [hackers] in front, my gmail can not help on that. For this email, I just add by hand.
    Thank you a lot for your help.
    i used gmail until a couple of weeks ago and never had problems... (well
    i'm still using it at least as a mail server, i just changed the
    interface a access from)

    --
    Jaime Casanova www.2ndQuadrant.com
    Professional PostgreSQL

    Excerpts from HuangQi's message of lun jun 27 23:56:22 -0400 2011:

    As you can keep the top-answering and maintain the title of your email with
    [hackers] in front, my gmail can not help on that. For this email, I just
    add by hand.
    You shouldn't add the [Hackers] prefix yourself. The mail list server
    will add it automatically for you. Gmail deals with this perfectly
    fine.

  • HuangQi at Jun 28, 2011 at 4:30 pm

    Excerpts from HuangQi's message of lun jun 27 23:56:22 -0400 2011:
    BTW, which email system are you using to send to postgres mailing list?
    As you can keep the top-answering and maintain the title of your email with
    [hackers] in front, my gmail can not help on that. For this email, I just
    add by hand.
    You shouldn't add the [Hackers] prefix yourself. The mail list server
    will add it automatically for you. Gmail deals with this perfectly
    fine.

    I see. Thanks.

    --
    Best Regards