Simon Riggs wrote:
Update docs to say you need fsync to make sync rep work fast.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/6e8e7cc580665ddd43c8ca2acc6d60f345570a57
This patch added this documentation text:

+ Replies are only sent when WAL is written to disk, so setting
+ <varname>fsync</> to <literal>off</> on the standby will significantly
+ reduce performance of synchronous replication and should be avoided.

Should we also issue a warning message in the server logs for the use of
fsync=off on the standby?

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

  • Tom Lane at Apr 30, 2011 at 5:39 pm

    Bruce Momjian writes:
    Simon Riggs wrote:
    Update docs to say you need fsync to make sync rep work fast.
    Should we also issue a warning message in the server logs for the use of
    fsync=off on the standby?
    That patch was entirely wrong and has been reverted.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 30, '11 at 4:31p