Suppose Postgres is installed in two computers C1 & C2.
C1 have some database tables. How can I copy these database tables from C1
to C2.
I mean to say that can I copy tables from postgres installed in one m/c to
another m/c.
Is there any command in postgres to do so or any other short cut technique.

--
Thank You,
Subham Roy,

Search Discussions

  • Vibhor Kumar at Apr 19, 2011 at 10:50 pm

    Suppose Postgres is installed in two computers C1 & C2.
    C1 have some database tables. How can I copy these database tables from C1 to C2.
    I mean to say that can I copy tables from postgres installed in one m/c to another m/c.
    Is there any command in postgres to do so or any other short cut technique.
    Use pg_dump/pg_restore command to copy the tables from One database to another.
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/backup-dump.html

    Thanks & Regards,
    Vibhor Kumar
    EnterpriseDB Corporation