The code we added recently to the stack-depth check to also check the
register stack on ia64 doesn't compile on HP-UX B.11.31, using the HP
aCC compiler:

cc -Ae +O2 -g -I../../../src/include -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED -c -o
postgres.o postgres.c
"postgres.c", line 3002: warning #2837-D: omission of explicit type is
nonstandard ("int" assumed)
static __inline__ char *
^

"postgres.c", line 3002: error #2065: expected a ";"
static __inline__ char *
^

I committed a fix for that using the HP-UX specific _Asm_mov_from_ar
macro, similar to how we use _Asm_xchg for TAS().

With this, 8.4 compiles on HP-UX again, yeaee! 9.0 still has this issue:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-11/msg01971.php. I'll
take a look at that..

--
Heikki Linnakangas
EnterpriseDB http://www.enterprisedb.com

Search Discussions

  • Andrew Dunstan at Apr 13, 2011 at 11:23 am

    On 04/13/2011 05:12 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
    The code we added recently to the stack-depth check to also check the
    register stack on ia64 doesn't compile on HP-UX B.11.31, using the HP
    aCC compiler:

    cc -Ae +O2 -g -I../../../src/include -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED -c -o
    postgres.o postgres.c
    "postgres.c", line 3002: warning #2837-D: omission of explicit type is
    nonstandard ("int" assumed)
    static __inline__ char *
    ^

    "postgres.c", line 3002: error #2065: expected a ";"
    static __inline__ char *
    ^

    I committed a fix for that using the HP-UX specific _Asm_mov_from_ar
    macro, similar to how we use _Asm_xchg for TAS().

    With this, 8.4 compiles on HP-UX again, yeaee! 9.0 still has this
    issue:
    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-11/msg01971.php.
    I'll take a look at that..

    I wish we could get some buildfarm coverage for HPUX. I've whined about
    this in the past, but nobody's ever made an offer to provide suitable
    platform(s) that I know of.

    cheers

    andrew
  • Heikki Linnakangas at Apr 13, 2011 at 12:47 pm

    On 13.04.2011 14:22, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
    I wish we could get some buildfarm coverage for HPUX. I've whined about
    this in the past, but nobody's ever made an offer to provide suitable
    platform(s) that I know of.
    I only have temporary access to this HPUX box, but I'm trying to arrange
    that.

    --
    Heikki Linnakangas
    EnterpriseDB http://www.enterprisedb.com
  • Josh Berkus at Apr 14, 2011 at 6:04 am

    On 4/13/11 5:46 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
    On 13.04.2011 14:22, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
    I wish we could get some buildfarm coverage for HPUX. I've whined about
    this in the past, but nobody's ever made an offer to provide suitable
    platform(s) that I know of.
    I only have temporary access to this HPUX box, but I'm trying to arrange
    that.
    HP is willing to give us access to boxes. I just talked to their
    Itanium partnership person today; I thought we had boxes but I can get
    some for her if we don't.

    --
    Josh Berkus
    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
    http://pgexperts.com
  • Andrew Dunstan at Apr 14, 2011 at 11:49 am

    On 04/14/2011 02:04 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
    On 4/13/11 5:46 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
    On 13.04.2011 14:22, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
    I wish we could get some buildfarm coverage for HPUX. I've whined about
    this in the past, but nobody's ever made an offer to provide suitable
    platform(s) that I know of.
    I only have temporary access to this HPUX box, but I'm trying to arrange
    that.
    HP is willing to give us access to boxes. I just talked to their
    Itanium partnership person today; I thought we had boxes but I can get
    some for her if we don't.
    Well please get me details and access and I'll set up a buildfarm member
    or two.

    cheers

    andrew
  • Andrew Chernow at Apr 14, 2011 at 4:35 am

    I wish we could get some buildfarm coverage for HPUX. I've whined about this in
    the past, but nobody's ever made an offer to provide suitable platform(s) that I
    know of.

    cheers
    I've got two HP-UX 11 boxes, PA-RISC and IA64.

    From uname:
    HP-UX B.11.23 U 9000/785
    HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64

    They are build farm boxes (which already build postgres) so my guess is they
    wouldn't require much fiddling. I don't time to help with this, but am more
    than willing to give you all the access you need to get it going.

    I also have HP-UX 10.20 on a PA-RISC for the courageous.

    --
    Andrew Chernow
    eSilo, LLC
    every bit counts
    http://www.esilo.com/

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 13, '11 at 9:13a
activeApr 14, '11 at 11:49a
posts6
users4
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase