Hi,

While using the vacuumlo utility I encountered a redundant carriage
return(\r') character in the output. It is required in any scenario? If not,
please find attached a tiny patch which will get rid of that extra '\r'
character.

Regards,
Usama

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Apr 8, 2011 at 6:17 pm

    Muhammad Usama writes:
    While using the vacuumlo utility I encountered a redundant carriage
    return(\r') character in the output. It is required in any scenario? If not,
    please find attached a tiny patch which will get rid of that extra '\r'
    character.
    I think the idea there is to overwrite successive progress messages
    on the same line. It's maybe not going to work in all environments,
    though, so perhaps we should reconsider that bit of cuteness.

    regards, tom lane
  • Martijn van Oosterhout at Apr 9, 2011 at 2:55 pm

    While using the vacuumlo utility I encountered a redundant carriage
    return(\r') character in the output. It is required in any scenario? If not,
    please find attached a tiny patch which will get rid of that extra '\r'
    character.
    I think the idea there is to overwrite successive progress messages
    on the same line. It's maybe not going to work in all environments,
    though, so perhaps we should reconsider that bit of cuteness.
    One could hinge it on batch or non-batch mode, the default being
    determined by whether it's running in a terminal or not.

    Have a nice day,
    --
    Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> http://svana.org/kleptog/
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism,

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 8, '11 at 4:45p
activeApr 9, '11 at 2:55p