I doubt that this is going to matter much, and should only have a
trivial impact on shared space calculations and postmaster and
connection startup time, but just as a matter of principle we might
want to set SHMEM_INDEX_SIZE at least as large as the number of
entries in ShmemIndex. At startup that seems to be 40 as of current
HEAD.

Trivial patch attached.

-Kevin

Search Discussions

  • Heikki Linnakangas at Mar 31, 2011 at 10:42 am

    I doubt that this is going to matter much, and should only have a
    trivial impact on shared space calculations and postmaster and
    connection startup time, but just as a matter of principle we might
    want to set SHMEM_INDEX_SIZE at least as large as the number of
    entries in ShmemIndex. At startup that seems to be 40 as of current
    HEAD.

    Trivial patch attached.
    Ok, committed.

    --