On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Thom Brown wrote:
errmsg("canceling the wait for replication and terminating connection
due to administrator command")
errmsg("canceling wait for synchronous replication due to user request")

Should that first one then also say "synchronous replication"?
I could go either way. Clearly if it's asynchronous replication, we
wouldn't be waiting. But you're certainly right that we should be
consistent.
errdetail("The transaction has already been committed locally but
might have not been replicated to the standby.")));
errdetail("The transaction has committed locally, but may not have
replicated to the standby.")));

Could we have these saying precisely the same thing?
Yeah. Which is better?

--
Robert Haas
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Search Discussions

  • Thom Brown at Mar 17, 2011 at 6:00 pm

    On 17 March 2011 17:55, Robert Haas wrote:
    On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Thom Brown wrote:
    errdetail("The transaction has already been committed locally but
    might have not been replicated to the standby.")));
    errdetail("The transaction has committed locally, but may not have
    replicated to the standby.")));

    Could we have these saying precisely the same thing?
    Yeah.  Which is better?
    Personally I prefer the 2nd. It reads better somehow.

    --
    Thom Brown
    Twitter: @darkixion
    IRC (freenode): dark_ixion
    Registered Linux user: #516935

    EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
    The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
  • Robert Haas at Mar 18, 2011 at 2:25 pm

    On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Thom Brown wrote:
    On 17 March 2011 17:55, Robert Haas wrote:
    On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Thom Brown wrote:
    errdetail("The transaction has already been committed locally but
    might have not been replicated to the standby.")));
    errdetail("The transaction has committed locally, but may not have
    replicated to the standby.")));

    Could we have these saying precisely the same thing?
    Yeah.  Which is better?
    Personally I prefer the 2nd.  It reads better somehow.
    I hacked on this a bit more and ended up with a hybrid of the two.
    Hope you like it; but anyway it's consistent.

    --
    Robert Haas
    EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
    The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
  • Thom Brown at Mar 18, 2011 at 2:43 pm

    On 18 March 2011 14:23, Robert Haas wrote:
    On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Thom Brown wrote:
    On 17 March 2011 17:55, Robert Haas wrote:
    On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Thom Brown wrote:
    errdetail("The transaction has already been committed locally but
    might have not been replicated to the standby.")));
    errdetail("The transaction has committed locally, but may not have
    replicated to the standby.")));

    Could we have these saying precisely the same thing?
    Yeah.  Which is better?
    Personally I prefer the 2nd.  It reads better somehow.
    I hacked on this a bit more and ended up with a hybrid of the two.
    Hope you like it; but anyway it's consistent.
    Yes, cheers :)

    --
    Thom Brown
    Twitter: @darkixion
    IRC (freenode): dark_ixion
    Registered Linux user: #516935

    EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
    The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedMar 17, '11 at 5:57p
activeMar 18, '11 at 2:43p
posts4
users2
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Thom Brown: 2 posts Robert Haas: 2 posts

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase