I have applied the attached patch to fix pg_upgrade file descriptor
leaks in error paths.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

  • Tom Lane at Mar 9, 2011 at 2:57 am

    Bruce Momjian writes:
    I have applied the attached patch to fix pg_upgrade file descriptor
    leaks in error paths.
    It seems rather pointless to spend code closing descriptors immediately
    before a fatal exit.

    regards, tom lane
  • Bruce Momjian at Mar 9, 2011 at 2:59 am

    Tom Lane wrote:
    I have applied the attached patch to fix pg_upgrade file descriptor
    leaks in error paths.
    It seems rather pointless to spend code closing descriptors immediately
    before a fatal exit.
    Well, it is not before a fatal but rather before it returns -1, which
    might fatal or might not. I also had code in to close file descriptors
    that was a little too tricky about using a single variable to indicate
    two things so I cleaned it up. I got a private email report about these
    so obviously they were confusing.

    EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql