Can someone update the PostgreSQL shared memory usage table for 9.0?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC

Right now it says "Approximate shared memory bytes required (as of
8.3)".

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

  • Bruce Momjian at Feb 20, 2011 at 12:13 am

    Bruce Momjian wrote:
    Can someone update the PostgreSQL shared memory usage table for 9.0?

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC

    Right now it says "Approximate shared memory bytes required (as of
    8.3)".
    This documentation still says as of 8.3. If they are unchanged, can I
    just remove the version mention?

    EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

  • Tom Lane at Feb 20, 2011 at 3:21 pm

    Bruce Momjian writes:
    Bruce Momjian wrote:
    Can someone update the PostgreSQL shared memory usage table for 9.0?

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC

    Right now it says "Approximate shared memory bytes required (as of
    8.3)".
    This documentation still says as of 8.3. If they are unchanged, can I
    just remove the version mention?
    Mentioning the version was intentional, so that people could gauge how
    obsolete the information might be. I certainly think it'd be
    inappropriate to remove that caution flag right now, when the SSI patch
    has likely blown those numbers all to heck.

    regards, tom lane
  • Bruce Momjian at Feb 21, 2011 at 3:08 am

    Tom Lane wrote:
    Bruce Momjian wrote:
    Can someone update the PostgreSQL shared memory usage table for 9.0?

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC

    Right now it says "Approximate shared memory bytes required (as of
    8.3)".
    This documentation still says as of 8.3. If they are unchanged, can I
    just remove the version mention?
    Mentioning the version was intentional, so that people could gauge how
    obsolete the information might be. I certainly think it'd be
    inappropriate to remove that caution flag right now, when the SSI patch
    has likely blown those numbers all to heck.
    OK, thanks. I was hoping that either the numbers are stable, or we are
    always going to update them for every major release, but alas, seems
    what we do now is the best option.

    EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

  • Kevin Grittner at Feb 20, 2011 at 1:49 pm

    Bruce Momjian wrote:

    This documentation
    This page was missed in the SSI documentation update. I don't want
    to get distracted by it today, but we'll need to get this done for
    9.1. I guess I need to grep the sgml files for other mentions of
    max_locks_per_transaction for other possible misses.

    -Kevin

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedSep 13, '10 at 8:44p