I am currently a student of IIT Bombay of CSE department. I am doing a
project on postgres. I need to understand its code thoroughly, so I need
"ddd" to "step through" its code. I need to start postgres on the
"backend" mode to work it with "ddd".But I am facing some difficulties in
setting up the "ddd" with "postgres" in "backend" mode.

I installed postgres many times using the instruction mentioned in the
file "INSTALL". Starting the postgres from foreground is working fine but
the "backend" mode does not work.

Kindly, suggest me how to run the postgres in "backend" mode. I have to
understand its code thoroughly to do my postgres project.

Thank You,
Subham Roy,
CSE,
IIT Bombay.

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Jul 4, 2010 at 3:13 am

    subham@cse.iitb.ac.in wrote:

    Hi,

    I am currently a student of IIT Bombay of CSE department. I am doing a
    project on postgres. I need to understand its code thoroughly, so I need
    "ddd" to "step through" its code. I need to start postgres on the
    "backend" mode to work it with "ddd".But I am facing some difficulties in
    setting up the "ddd" with "postgres" in "backend" mode.

    I installed postgres many times using the instruction mentioned in the
    file "INSTALL". Starting the postgres from foreground is working fine but
    the "backend" mode does not work.

    Kindly, suggest me how to run the postgres in "backend" mode. I have to
    understand its code thoroughly to do my postgres project.
    I suggest you look here first:

    http://www.postgresql.org/developer/coding

    and at the developer's faq.

    EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

  • Robert Haas at Jul 4, 2010 at 3:22 am

    I am currently a student of IIT Bombay of CSE department. I am doing a
    project on postgres. I need to understand its code thoroughly, so I need
    "ddd" to "step through" its code. I need to start postgres on the
    "backend" mode to work it with "ddd".But I am facing some difficulties in
    setting up the "ddd" with "postgres" in "backend" mode.

    I installed postgres many times using the instruction mentioned in the
    file "INSTALL". Starting the postgres from foreground is working fine but
    the "backend" mode does not work.

    Kindly, suggest me how to run the postgres in "backend" mode. I have to
    understand its code thoroughly to do my postgres project.
    If by "backend" mode you mean a standalone backend, try "postgres --single".

    If you mean something else... you'll need to explain a bit more.

    --
    Robert Haas
    The Enterprise Postgres Company

grouppgsql-hackers @