Running pg_upgrade against an unmodified (the output of initdb) cluster
on AIX is giving me "pg_alloc: Out of memory" errors.

On some non-linux platforms (including AIX) malloc(0) returns 0.

with the attached patch to pg_upgrade I am now able to get pg_upgrade to
convert an 8.3 database consisting of a single table to 9.0 on an AIX
server.

--
Steve Singer
Afilias Canada

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Jun 16, 2010 at 7:44 pm

    Steve Singer wrote:

    Running pg_upgrade against an unmodified (the output of initdb) cluster
    on AIX is giving me "pg_alloc: Out of memory" errors.

    On some non-linux platforms (including AIX) malloc(0) returns 0.

    with the attached patch to pg_upgrade I am now able to get pg_upgrade to
    convert an 8.3 database consisting of a single table to 9.0 on an AIX
    server.
    Great, thanks for your testing. I have applied a modified version of
    the patch, attached.

    EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 16, '10 at 7:06p
activeJun 16, '10 at 7:44p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Steve Singer: 1 post Bruce Momjian: 1 post