Several buildfarm mingw members are getting failures like this, when
running initdb:

creating conversions ... FATAL: could not load library "C:/msys/1.0/home/pgrunner/bf/root/HEAD/pgsql.3584/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/home/pgrunner/bf/root/HEAD/inst/lib/postgresql/utf8_and_johab.dll": Invalid access to memory location.

STATEMENT: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION johab_to_utf8 (INTEGER, INTEGER, CSTRING, INTERNAL, INTEGER) RETURNS VOID AS '$libdir/utf8_and_johab', 'johab_to_utf8' LANGUAGE C STRICT;

child process exited with exit code 1

See for example
<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dawn_bat&dt=2010-05-27%2019:45:18>

Could it have been caused by the PGDLLIMPORT/PGDLLEXPORT changes?

cheers

andrew

Search Discussions

  • Takahiro Itagaki at May 28, 2010 at 3:48 am

    Andrew Dunstan wrote:

    Several buildfarm mingw members are getting failures like this, when
    running initdb:
    <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dawn_bat&dt=2010-05-27%2019:45:18>

    Could it have been caused by the PGDLLIMPORT/PGDLLEXPORT changes?
    Probably, but it's curious because MSVC members are OK.
    Do we have special treatments for exported functions in mingw?
    It might export 'dllimport' funtions/variables, but not 'dllexport' ones.

    Regards,
    ---
    Takahiro Itagaki
    NTT Open Source Software Center
  • Andrew Dunstan at May 28, 2010 at 11:51 am

    Takahiro Itagaki wrote:
    Andrew Dunstan wrote:

    Several buildfarm mingw members are getting failures like this, when
    running initdb:
    <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dawn_bat&dt=2010-05-27%2019:45:18>

    Could it have been caused by the PGDLLIMPORT/PGDLLEXPORT changes?
    Probably, but it's curious because MSVC members are OK.
    Do we have special treatments for exported functions in mingw?
    It might export 'dllimport' funtions/variables, but not 'dllexport' ones.

    It has broken Cygwin as well, so that's two out of three Windows
    platforms that don't like this.

    I am not sure what the best fix for the original problem is, but this
    isn't it.

    cheers

    andrew

grouppgsql-hackers @