I have just released version 4.0 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client.

There are two new features:

* The SCM code is substantially rearranged into a separate OO
module, with subclasses supporting CVS and Git. New config options
support these changes, while old style config parameters for CVS
are still supported. Support for running the buildfarm from Git is
a requirement before we can move the core community repo, and this
meets that requirement (a little later than planned, but as
promised almost exactly one year ago).
* The requirement to specify a port for each branch to build with is
gone. If the config parameter 'base_port' is specified the code
will pick a unique port for the branch, a short number above that
setting. The means that the config file does not need to be
changed when a new stable postgres release is made. Again,
old-style configs continue to be supported.

The new client can be downloaded from:
<http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000040>

cheers

andrew

Search Discussions

  • Jaime Casanova at May 18, 2010 at 12:10 am

    I have just released version 4.0 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client.

    There are two new features:

    * The SCM code is substantially rearranged into a separate OO
    module, with subclasses supporting CVS and Git. New config options
    support these changes, while old style config parameters for CVS
    are still supported. Support for running the buildfarm from Git is
    a requirement before we can move the core community repo, and this
    meets that requirement (a little later than planned, but as
    promised almost exactly one year ago).
    maybe i'm not understanding but this will be able to build specific
    branches so we can have some experimental code running in buildfarm?

    --
    Jaime Casanova www.2ndQuadrant.com
    Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL

    Jaime Casanova wrote:
    I have just released version 4.0 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client.

    There are two new features:

    * The SCM code is substantially rearranged into a separate OO
    module, with subclasses supporting CVS and Git. New config options
    support these changes, while old style config parameters for CVS
    are still supported. Support for running the buildfarm from Git is
    a requirement before we can move the core community repo, and this
    meets that requirement (a little later than planned, but as
    promised almost exactly one year ago).
    maybe i'm not understanding but this will be able to build specific
    branches so we can have some experimental code running in buildfarm?
    The code can build and report on any branch that exists in the upstream
    repository. But I don't want to accept reports on private branches on
    the buildfarm server, at least on the dashboard. It's a subject worth
    thinking about, though.

    The branches that are built are controlled by the client owners, not by
    me. That's the way things are in a distributed world -;)

    cheers

    andrew

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedMay 18, '10 at 12:00a
activeMay 18, '10 at 12:31a
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Andrew Dunstan: 2 posts Jaime Casanova: 1 post