Do we still need VACUUM FULL in initdb? VACUUM FULL in 9.0 rewrites
all tables, so those operations are a little more expensive than
previous releases. Is it worth replacing them into VACUUM?

make_template0(void)
Finally vacuum to clean up dead rows in pg_database
"VACUUM FULL pg_database;\n",

vacuum_db(void)
PG_CMD_PUTS("ANALYZE;\nVACUUM FULL;\nVACUUM FREEZE;\n");

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Apr 5, 2010 at 2:15 pm

    Takahiro Itagaki writes:
    Do we still need VACUUM FULL in initdb? VACUUM FULL in 9.0 rewrites
    all tables, so those operations are a little more expensive than
    previous releases. Is it worth replacing them into VACUUM?
    I had left it that way intentionally to make sure there was nothing
    depending on catalogs retaining their original relfilenode number.
    I'm not sure that speed of initdb is a particularly significant factor.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 5, '10 at 4:37a
activeApr 5, '10 at 2:15p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Takahiro Itagaki: 1 post Tom Lane: 1 post