Magnus Hagander writes:
2010/1/2 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
If those are a problem then presumably syslogger_parseArgs needs work
too ... and I rather wonder where the value it's reading comes from.
Well, it doesn't generate a warning.. It only did that when the cast
was incorrect. Should we add it purely for consistency?
You're missing the point entirely: this isn't about suppressing a
warning, it's about that the code will fail outright if the pointer value
doesn't fit in 32 bits. "int fd" is no good, and "atoi" is no good, and
I wonder what is being used to print the text string that the atoi gets
fed.

regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql