Hi,
I want to add some hard-wired extra authentication codes in my PG. The only
problem is how to access tables to get/change information from core
(auth.c)?
I have changed the SPI functions to use them but it was not effective (lots
of different errors!)
In fact, i want to add a table to system catalog and SELECT/UPDATE it from
auth.c.

Thanks - B. L.

Search Discussions

  • Robert Haas at Jan 5, 2010 at 2:24 pm

    I want to add some hard-wired extra authentication codes in my PG. The only
    problem is how to access tables to get/change information from core
    (auth.c)?
    I have changed the SPI functions to use them but it was not effective (lots
    of different errors!)
    In fact, i want to add a table to system catalog and SELECT/UPDATE it from
    auth.c.
    In general you need to look at existing code that does something
    similar to what you want to do and model your new code after it. It's
    not really possible to speculate as to what you might have done wrong
    or what you ought to do instead from the information you've provided
    here.

    If you are considering proposing your patch for inclusion in the
    PostgreSQL upstream sources, you should first discuss why you are
    trying to do this and what you hope to get out of it. There might be
    a way to do whatever it is you are trying to do without modifying the
    source code.

    ...Robert
  • Tom Lane at Jan 5, 2010 at 3:29 pm

    Robert Haas writes:
    In fact, i want to add a table to system catalog and SELECT/UPDATE it from
    auth.c.
    If you are considering proposing your patch for inclusion in the
    PostgreSQL upstream sources, you should first discuss why you are
    trying to do this and what you hope to get out of it. There might be
    a way to do whatever it is you are trying to do without modifying the
    source code.
    One point worth noting is that there is precisely zero hope of making
    that work in any existing release series, because auth.c doesn't run
    inside a transaction. You could probably make it work with recent CVS
    HEAD though (ie, since we pulled the plug on the flat auth file).

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedJan 5, '10 at 5:57a