Tom Lane wrote:
We don't, however, expect that all platforms will produce minus zero, so
we need to adjust the one affected regression test to allow both results.
Do we know if and what platforms wouldn't produce minus zero? It would
be interesting to not have the alternative expected output for a few
days and see which buildfarm animals break.

--
Heikki Linnakangas

  • Tom Lane at Feb 18, 2009 at 7:54 pm

    Heikki Linnakangas writes:
    Tom Lane wrote:
    We don't, however, expect that all platforms will produce minus zero, so
    we need to adjust the one affected regression test to allow both results.
    Do we know if and what platforms wouldn't produce minus zero? It would
    be interesting to not have the alternative expected output for a few
    days and see which buildfarm animals break.
    Well, my old HPUX box definitely doesn't print minus zeroes here.

    What I'm really more interested in is whether there are any third
    or fourth opinions among the buildfarm members ...

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedFeb 18, '09 at 7:28p
activeFeb 18, '09 at 7:54p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Heikki Linnakangas: 1 post Tom Lane: 1 post