The following query causes an assertion failure on CVS head:

SELECT * FROM (SELECT 1 AS i) AS a WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 WHERE 1 <> i);

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(!bms_is_empty(min_righthand))", File: "initsplan.c", Line: 685)

Looks like it's assuming there's at least one relation on each side of the
join. Incidentally originally triggered with a VALUES clause but I think by
the point the code runs that distinction is long gone.

--
Gregory Stark

  • Tom Lane at Dec 8, 2008 at 12:18 am

    Gregory Stark writes:
    The following query causes an assertion failure on CVS head:
    SELECT * FROM (SELECT 1 AS i) AS a WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 WHERE 1 <> i);
    Fixed, thanks for the report.
    Looks like it's assuming there's at least one relation on each side of the
    join.
    Yeah. I don't think we can remove that assumption easily; best to just
    not try to optimize this case.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql