When I try run psql with a option on HEAD I get following message:

-bash-3.2$ /var/tmp/pg84_upg/bin/psql template1 -t
psql: FATAL: role "-t" does not exist

when I change a order to

var/tmp/pg84_upg/bin/psql -t template1

then everything is OK.

Does it intention or it is a bug? Current behavior correspond with psql help but
It works fine on 8.1, 8.2 (8.3 not tested).

Thanks Zdenek

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Mar 28, 2008 at 7:47 pm

    Zdenek Kotala writes:
    When I try run psql with a option on HEAD I get following message:
    -bash-3.2$ /var/tmp/pg84_upg/bin/psql template1 -t
    psql: FATAL: role "-t" does not exist
    That has never been considered supported. Some versions of getopt,
    on some platforms, will rearrange the order of words on the command
    line in order to make it "work" (for small values of "work" IMHO).

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedMar 28, '08 at 4:46p