We currently have processed 15 of the 40 patches in the patch queue
during our two months in feature freeze. Based on that progress, I
estimate we will enter beta in September.

While we have made progress on more than 15 patches, we also have left
many of the more complex patches to the end, so I think the effects
cancel each other out and the estimate is accurate.

  • Simon Riggs at Jun 1, 2007 at 8:49 am

    We currently have processed 15 of the 40 patches in the patch queue
    during our two months in feature freeze. Based on that progress, I
    estimate we will enter beta in September.
    Based upon that, do we think 8.4 feature freeze will be on Mar 31 2008,
    or later? i.e. do we consider we successfully move the release cycle to
    Spring, or are we reverting back to Summer?

    Personally, I've got outstanding work for 8.3, but many do not and are
    beginning to think about the next cycle of work.

    Not asking for cast-in-stone, just checking what the rough plan is.

    --
    Simon Riggs
  • Tom Lane at Jun 1, 2007 at 1:39 pm

    "Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
    We currently have processed 15 of the 40 patches in the patch queue
    during our two months in feature freeze. Based on that progress, I
    estimate we will enter beta in September.
    Based upon that, do we think 8.4 feature freeze will be on Mar 31 2008,
    or later? i.e. do we consider we successfully move the release cycle to
    Spring, or are we reverting back to Summer?
    Too early to make that call.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql