On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 12:02 -0300, Shaunak Godbole wrote:
Hi,

We are trying to introduce access control. For this we have to rewrite
the
input query by replacing each relation by its corresponding authorized
view.
I assume from this that you are trying to implement something like
Oracle's Virtual Private Database.

If you need access controls at the row or column level, and do not want
to implement this whole thing yourself, please take a look at Veil
(http://veil.projects.postgresql.org/) which can already accomplish the
same sort of thing, though in a different way.

If Veil is insufficient for your needs in some way, I'd be interested to
hear about it.

__
Marc

grouppgsql-hackers @