I don't know if this changes the calculus but apparently we've already decided
to go down the route of having Emacs local variables attached to every file in
the source directory. We have things like this there:

<!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
Local variables:
mode: sgml
sgml-omittag:nil
sgml-shorttag:t
sgml-minimize-attributes:nil
sgml-always-quote-attributes:t
sgml-indent-step:1
sgml-indent-data:t
sgml-parent-document:nil
sgml-default-dtd-file:"../reference.ced"
sgml-exposed-tags:nil
sgml-local-catalogs:"/usr/lib/sgml/catalog"
sgml-local-ecat-files:nil
End:
-->

--
Gregory Stark

  • Andrew Dunstan at Sep 11, 2006 at 1:50 pm

    Gregory Stark wrote:
    I don't know if this changes the calculus but apparently we've already decided
    to go down the route of having Emacs local variables attached to every file in
    the source directory. We have things like this there:

    <!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
    Local variables:
    mode: sgml
    sgml-omittag:nil
    sgml-shorttag:t
    sgml-minimize-attributes:nil
    sgml-always-quote-attributes:t
    sgml-indent-step:1
    sgml-indent-data:t
    sgml-parent-document:nil
    sgml-default-dtd-file:"../reference.ced"
    sgml-exposed-tags:nil
    sgml-local-catalogs:"/usr/lib/sgml/catalog"
    sgml-local-ecat-files:nil
    End:
    -->

    Only in the docs.

    cheers

    andrew
  • Tom Lane at Sep 11, 2006 at 1:59 pm

    Andrew Dunstan writes:
    Gregory Stark wrote:
    I don't know if this changes the calculus but apparently we've already decided
    to go down the route of having Emacs local variables attached to every file in
    the source directory. We have things like this there:

    <!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
    Local variables:
    Only in the docs.
    And indeed I'd argue for taking those *out* of the docs files, and
    adding them to the suggested emacs config-file hacking. A sufficient
    reason why is that I doubt these settings are uniformly valid across
    all emacs versions. We already know that the C-code indentation
    settings have changed, and this sgml configuration is far more detailed
    than those.

    regards, tom lane
  • Peter Eisentraut at Sep 11, 2006 at 5:10 pm

    Gregory Stark wrote:
    I don't know if this changes the calculus but apparently we've
    already decided to go down the route of having Emacs local variables
    attached to every file in the source directory. We have things like
    this there:
    I delete them from every file I edit, but I haven't been interested
    enough to remove them all. Feel free to do the legwork.
  • Bruce Momjian at Sep 16, 2006 at 12:29 am

    Peter Eisentraut wrote:
    Gregory Stark wrote:
    I don't know if this changes the calculus but apparently we've
    already decided to go down the route of having Emacs local variables
    attached to every file in the source directory. We have things like
    this there:
    I delete them from every file I edit, but I haven't been interested
    enough to remove them all. Feel free to do the legwork.
    Done.

    --
    Bruce Momjian bruce@momjian.us

grouppgsql-hackers @