The manual says:
GRANT role [, ...]
TO { username | GROUP groupname | PUBLIC } [, ...] [ WITH ADMIN
OPTION ]

But:
postgres=# GRANT test TO GROUP test2;
ERROR: syntax error at or near "GROUP" at character 15
LINE 1: GRANT test TO GROUP test2;

Either I can't read the docs :-), or the docs are wrong, or the code is
wrong...

//Magnus

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Sep 1, 2006 at 12:01 am

    "Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
    The manual says:
    GRANT role [, ...]
    TO { username | GROUP groupname | PUBLIC } [, ...] [ WITH ADMIN
    OPTION ]
    It doesn't say that anymore:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-08/msg00034.php

    Perhaps we ought to start thinking about an 8.1 update release ---
    we haven't had any forcing functions like security issues for awhile,
    but we've accumulated a fair number of plain ol' bug fixes.

    regards, tom lane
  • Magnus Hagander at Sep 4, 2006 at 10:46 am

    GRANT role [, ...]
    TO { username | GROUP groupname | PUBLIC } [, ...] [ WITH ADMIN
    OPTION ]
    It doesn't say that anymore:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-
    08/msg00034.php
    Pfft. I need to remember to check development docs as well :-) sorry
    about the noise.

    Perhaps we ought to start thinking about an 8.1 update release ---
    we haven't had any forcing functions like security issues for
    awhile, but we've accumulated a fair number of plain ol' bug fixes.
    If nothing else, it should IMHO be scheduled to happen well before the
    8.2 release, simply to "clear the queue" before that one. We can still
    end up with the need to have an urgent release because of a security
    issue or something, but it's probably a good idea not to have a
    scheduled release in the stable branches at the same time as the new
    major version...

    //Magnus

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 29, '06 at 3:00p
activeSep 4, '06 at 10:46a
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Magnus Hagander: 2 posts Tom Lane: 1 post