Segmentation fault (core dumped)

$ gdb -c core.18119
(gdb) bt
#0 pgstat_report_activity (cmd_str=0x67d25e "<IDLE>") at pgstat.c:1484
1484 beentry->st_changecount++;
(gdb) bt
#0 pgstat_report_activity (cmd_str=0x67d25e "<IDLE>") at pgstat.c:1484
#1 0x000000000056db8c in PostgresMain (argc=1, argv=0x8657d8,
username=0x867030 "qqzhou") at postgres.c:3132
#2 0x000000000050c918 in main (argc=4, argv=0x8657d0) at main.c:372
(gdb) p beentry
$1 = (volatile PgBackendStatus *) 0x0

Ooops, guess we forget to handle the single user mode in "current-status
information in shared memory" patch ...

Regards,
Qingqing

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Jun 22, 2006 at 3:48 am

    "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
    Ooops, guess we forget to handle the single user mode in "current-status
    information in shared memory" patch ...
    "postgres --single" works for me. Maybe you need a "make
    distclean"/rebuild?

    regards, tom lane
  • Qingqing Zhou at Jun 22, 2006 at 4:41 am
    "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote
    "postgres --single" works for me. Maybe you need a "make
    distclean"/rebuild?
    Sorry, because I forget to say that you need to turn "stats_command_string"
    on. When it is off, pgstat_report_activity() will return immediately so
    nothing wrong could be observed.

    Regards,
    Qingqing
  • Tom Lane at Jun 22, 2006 at 2:36 pm

    "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
    "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote
    "postgres --single" works for me. Maybe you need a "make
    distclean"/rebuild?
    Sorry, because I forget to say that you need to turn "stats_command_string"
    on.
    Ah. OK, fixed.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 22, '06 at 3:32a
activeJun 22, '06 at 2:36p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Qingqing Zhou: 2 posts Tom Lane: 2 posts