Could I suggest that we re-work the TODO list slightly, with regard to
mentioning the ANSI SQL standard?

As of last count, we have 14 items listed which would take PostgreSQL
into full SQL:2003 Core conformance. Troels Arvin has recently listed
some of these as "low hanging fruit" in the recent thread about SQL
conformance related patch,

Some SQL:2003 features are mentioned in other parts of the TODO list,
though we don't refer to whether these are Mandatory or Optional (e.g.
MERGE is Optional). ISTM that it would be useful to group the Mandatory
ones together into a new section of the TODO list: "SQL:2003 Core".

I'm aware that a number of those are possibly deliberately not
supported, in which case, we could mention those in brackets or simply
leave them off the list etc..

--
Best Regards, Simon Riggs

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Nov 28, 2004 at 10:04 pm

    Simon Riggs wrote:

    Could I suggest that we re-work the TODO list slightly, with regard to
    mentioning the ANSI SQL standard?

    As of last count, we have 14 items listed which would take PostgreSQL
    into full SQL:2003 Core conformance. Troels Arvin has recently listed
    some of these as "low hanging fruit" in the recent thread about SQL
    conformance related patch,

    Some SQL:2003 features are mentioned in other parts of the TODO list,
    though we don't refer to whether these are Mandatory or Optional (e.g.
    MERGE is Optional). ISTM that it would be useful to group the Mandatory
    ones together into a new section of the TODO list: "SQL:2003 Core".

    I'm aware that a number of those are possibly deliberately not
    supported, in which case, we could mention those in brackets or simply
    leave them off the list etc..
    Yes, we could create a new section or add SQL:2003 identifiers as part
    of the description for certain items.

    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 28, '04 at 9:53p
activeNov 28, '04 at 10:04p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Bruce Momjian: 1 post Simon Riggs: 1 post