I'm in PG 8.0b3 and in it's psql i perform an -Fc pg_dump on a 7.4 db.
When I go to restore in PG 8.0b3 I get errors because of schemas that
have capital letters ("EMRImporting"). It creates schema "emrimporting"
and fails upon trying to restore data to "EMRImporting" schema because
it doesn't exist. Thanks for any help.

--
Best Regards,

John Bercik

Systems Programmer Phone: 843-792-3371
Department of Medicine Fax: 843-792-0816

Medical University of South Carolina email: bercikj@musc.edu
Room 826F, Clinical Science Building
96 Jonathan Lucas Street
Charleston, SC 29425

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Oct 11, 2004 at 2:44 pm

    John Bercik writes:
    I'm in PG 8.0b3 and in it's psql i perform an -Fc pg_dump on a 7.4 db.
    When I go to restore in PG 8.0b3 I get errors because of schemas that
    have capital letters ("EMRImporting"). It creates schema "emrimporting"
    and fails upon trying to restore data to "EMRImporting" schema because
    it doesn't exist. Thanks for any help.
    Can you give us a complete example? I don't see any unquoted schema
    names in a quick test.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql