trying to test beta 1 on Debian linux mipsel (sarge). I am getting the following error "PANIC: stuck spinlock
(0x2b052030) detected at lwlock.c:246" during initdb. here is the complete initdb run.

postgres@raq:~$ initdb
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data ... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global ... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog ... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/archive_status ... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog ... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_subtrans ... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base ... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1 ... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_tblspc ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 10
selecting default shared_buffers ... 50
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1 ...

PANIC: stuck spinlock (0x2b052030) detected at lwlock.c:246
child process was terminated by signal 6
initdb: failed
initdb: removing data directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data"

let me know if this is a know issue and/or what other info you need.

Thanks
Jim

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Aug 29, 2004 at 7:27 pm

    "Jim Buttafuoco" <jim@contactbda.com> writes:
    trying to test beta 1 on Debian linux mipsel (sarge).
    What is that, a playstation 2? Last we heard, that chip had no spinlock
    support. Did you use configure --disable-spinlocks?

    regards, tom lane
  • Jim Buttafuoco at Aug 30, 2004 at 1:31 am
    The system is a cobalt raq, I am also going to test on some decstations (also mipsel) and SGI (mips) systems.

    I didn't use the disable-spinlock option. will try tomorrow. i did see some mips spinlock code in s_lock.c.
    Shouldn't this also work on mipsel CPU's?

    Jim