The above error refers to a btree index, correct? Do/will a REINDEX fix
that, or do I have to physically DROP/CREATE the INDEX?

This is a 7.4 database, if that matters ...

Thanks ...

----
Email: scrappy@hub.org Yahoo!: yscrappy ICQ: 7615664

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Aug 27, 2004 at 5:28 pm

    "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
    The above error refers to a btree index, correct? Do/will a REINDEX fix
    that, or do I have to physically DROP/CREATE the INDEX?
    REINDEX should fix it --- but how did it get that way?

    regards, tom lane
  • Marc G. Fournier at Aug 27, 2004 at 5:52 pm

    The above error refers to a btree index, correct? Do/will a REINDEX fix
    that, or do I have to physically DROP/CREATE the INDEX?
    REINDEX should fix it --- but how did it get that way?
    For lack of a better way of saying it, 'sporatic hardware failure' :(

    But, REINDEX did fix it ...

    ----
    Email: scrappy@hub.org Yahoo!: yscrappy ICQ: 7615664

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 27, '04 at 4:31p
activeAug 27, '04 at 5:52p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Marc G. Fournier: 2 posts Tom Lane: 1 post