Hi Every one.

At least I made PITR working however I still have 2 questions:

1) It seems there is a slight bug in this case:
select pg_backup_start('test);
... make backup
select pg_backup_end();
psql database
drp table.... note the time in logs
pg_ctl stop
rm -rf $PGDATA
restore backup
put the timestamp in recovery.conf and recover_inclusive=false
pg_ctl start

... you end up with a core dump (signal 6) and an error saying that you
can't stop before end of backup.

This is because it's the FIRST transaction after backup and ending restore
BEFORE this means ending before the end of backup...

2)

How do I restore EVERY database to the end of logs BUT one?
Same case here:
I wrongly droped a table so I restart and end the recovery before the drop
but I still want all the other DB in the cluster to go to the end of logs.
I ass/u/me I cant restore just the DB dir??

Many thanks for any explanation.

--
Olivier PRENANT Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
6, Chemin d'Harraud Turrou +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Oct 6, 2004 at 7:15 pm

    ohp@pyrenet.fr wrote:
    Hi Every one.

    At least I made PITR working however I still have 2 questions:

    1) It seems there is a slight bug in this case:
    select pg_backup_start('test);
    ... make backup
    select pg_backup_end();
    psql database
    drp table.... note the time in logs
    pg_ctl stop
    rm -rf $PGDATA
    restore backup
    put the timestamp in recovery.conf and recover_inclusive=false
    pg_ctl start

    ... you end up with a core dump (signal 6) and an error saying that you
    can't stop before end of backup.

    This is because it's the FIRST transaction after backup and ending restore
    BEFORE this means ending before the end of backup...
    Was this corrected? I don't see any followups to it in the archives.
    2)

    How do I restore EVERY database to the end of logs BUT one?
    Same case here:
    I wrongly droped a table so I restart and end the recovery before the drop
    but I still want all the other DB in the cluster to go to the end of logs.
    I ass/u/me I cant restore just the DB dir??
    No, there is no way to restore just one database to an earlier time than
    the others.

    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001