hello

i've tried to write a stored function in C++, using the libpq library, but
the g++(3.3.1) was unable to pass through the headers. there are a lot's
of reserved words used in structs as member names, such as delete,using,
namespace, and so on.

i'm using pgsql 7.3.4.
how can I fix it? i think so, i should modify the header files, i've tried
to put it into an ``extern "C" {...}'' block, but i didn't solve anything.

any ideas?

Bye,

Gergely Czuczy
mailto: phoemix@harmless.hu
PGP pubkey: http://phoemix.harmless.hu/phoemix.pgp
iRCNet: #demoscene ICQ: 8067175

The point is, that geeks are not necessarily the outcasts
society often believes they are. The fact is that society
isn't cool enough to be included in our activities.

Search Discussions

  • Shridhar Daithankar at Sep 2, 2003 at 1:55 pm

    how can I fix it? i think so, i should modify the header files, i've tried
    to put it into an ``extern "C" {...}'' block, but i didn't solve anything.
    Try putting extern C, around include statements for libpq headers.

    HTH

    Bye
    Shridhar

    --
    Fresco's Discovery: If you knew what you were doing you'd probably be bored.
  • Czuczy Gergely at Sep 2, 2003 at 1:57 pm

    as i said, i've tried to put into into an extern "C" statement, but it
    didn't solve anything

    Bye,

    Gergely Czuczy
    mailto: phoemix@harmless.hu
    PGP pubkey: http://phoemix.harmless.hu/phoemix.pgp
    iRCNet: #demoscene ICQ: 8067175

    The point is, that geeks are not necessarily the outcasts
    society often believes they are. The fact is that society
    isn't cool enough to be included in our activities.
    how can I fix it? i think so, i should modify the header files, i've tried
    to put it into an ``extern "C" {...}'' block, but i didn't solve anything.
    Try putting extern C, around include statements for libpq headers.

    HTH

    Bye
    Shridhar

    --
    Fresco's Discovery: If you knew what you were doing you'd probably be bored.

  • Vince Vielhaber at Sep 2, 2003 at 2:06 pm

    how can I fix it? i think so, i should modify the header files, i've tried
    to put it into an ``extern "C" {...}'' block, but i didn't solve anything.
    Try putting extern C, around include statements for libpq headers.
    Is libpq++ gone?

    Vince.
    --
    Fast, inexpensive internet service 56k and beyond! http://www.pop4.net/